Are you thinking about what specific type of housing to look at? RE/MAX® LifeStyles Realty (Maple Ridge) recommends that you consider many of the affordable and convenient condominiums that are offered in Maple Ridge and area. This condo buyer’s guide will help you learn more about what condominiums are all about.
Condo Concept: A Background
Contrary to popular belief, a condominium refers to a specific type of property ownership, as opposed to a type of property. Buying a condo means buying the title to a unit in a multi-unit property. Along with the other tenants and owners in the building, you will share ownership of the land, and other communal properties. Condominium ownership in Maple Ridge and nearby areas such as Pitt Meadows includes a variety of building types such as high rise apartment buildings, low rise apartment buildings, and townhouses. The buildings have their own features such as elevators, secured parking, heating and cooling systems, and recreational amenities.
Advantages of Owning a Condo
Whether you’re a first-time buyer or a seasoned hunter of a residential property, you can look forward to:
- Lower Prices – As the purchase prices are typically lower for condominiums than other property types, they are much more affordable to buyers, especially first-time buyers, than other property types.
- Less Maintenance – In condominiums, the strata company takes care of property maintenance such as snow shoveling, landscaping, and exterior building repairs.
- Security – Many condominium buildings often secure gated parking. With many neighbours in close proximity, there are more “eyes on the street” that are helpful in deterring crime. Some condominium buildings even have their own security team.
- Amenities – Condominium buildings can have a variety of communal amenities which can include swimming pools, activity rooms, and fitness centres.
- Independent Management – Unlike renting, in condominium ownership, you have more choice in decorating and making changes to the interior of your unit.
Buy Your First Condo Now
RE/MAX® LifeStyles Realty — Maple Ridge and our team consisting of many condominium experts can help you find the condominium property that is best for you.
Call RE/MAX® LifeStyles Realty — Maple Ridge at (604) 466-2838 to learn about many of the great condominium options in Maple Ridge and the nearby areas of Pitt Meadows, Langley, Port Coquitlam, and Mission.